derrierloisirs.fr
» » Opportunities and Uses of the Ocean

Download Opportunities and Uses of the Ocean ePub

by David A. Ross

Download Opportunities and Uses of the Ocean ePub
  • ISBN 0387904484
  • ISBN13 978-0387904481
  • Language English
  • Author David A. Ross
  • Publisher Springer; 1978 edition (December 18, 1979)
  • Pages 320
  • Formats mobi lrf docx txt
  • Category Math
  • Subcategory Nature and Ecology
  • Size ePub 1168 kb
  • Size Fb2 1848 kb
  • Rating: 4.6
  • Votes: 613

The oceans cover about 72 percent of our planet (which is named for the remaining 28 percent). These oceans have fascinated and challenged the human race for centuries. In the past, the ocean had been used first as a source of food and later as a means of transportation. However, the oceans have recently become very important-they may offer a solution to many of our modern problems. For example, refuse from land is to be dumped into the ocean never to be seen again; fish and other biological resources are to be caught and used to meet the protein deficiency of the world; oil and gas from the continental shelf and perhaps deeper areas will eventually solve our energy problems. None ofthese examples is completely possible, and the at­ source offood and later as a means of transportation. However, the oceans social, and ecological problems in the marine environment. Countries are al­ ready planning how the oceans can be divided up, so that they will get their "fair share". Economists, politicians, and others are producing almost daily, optimistic or pessimistic views (depending upon your own viewpoint) about the ocean and its resources. Equally loud reports come from environ­ mentalists, conservationists, government sources, and oil companies con­ cerning the pollution and potential destruction of the ocean.

The oceans cover about 72 percent of our planet (which is named for the remaining 28 percent). Bibliographic Information. Opportunities and Uses of the Ocean.

The oceans cover about 72 percent of our planet (which is named for the remaining 28 percent). These oceans have fascinated and challenged the human race for centuries. In the past, the ocean had been used first as a source of food and later as a means of transportation. However, the oceans have recently become very important-they may offer a solution to many of our modern problems. These oceans have fascinated and challenged the human race for centuries

The oceans cover about 72 percent of our planet (which is named for the remaining 28 percent).

Ross, David . 1936-. Books for People with Print Disabilities. Trent University Library Donation. Internet Archive Books. Uploaded by station15. cebu on May 25, 2019. New York : Springer Verlag. SIMILAR ITEMS (based on metadata). Terms of Service (last updated 12/31/2014).

Books related to Opportunities and Uses of the Ocean. You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices

Books related to Opportunities and Uses of the Ocean. Reservoir Model Design. You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: DESKTOP.

Enter Zip Code or city, state. Error: Please enter a valid ZIP code or city and state. Good news - You can still get free 2-day shipping, free pickup, & more.

Download PDF book format. Personal Name: Ross, David A. (David Alexander), 1936-. Publication, Distribution, et. New York. Choose file format of this book to download: pdf chm txt rtf doc. Download this format book. Opportunities and uses of the ocean David A. Ross. Book's title: Opportunities and uses of the ocean David A. Library of Congress Control Number: 79012694.

Opportunities and Uses of the Ocean. Coauthors & Alternates. ISBN 9780387904481 (978-0-387-90448-1) Hardcover, Springer, 1979.

The development of ocean resources will become increasingly urgent as the growth of the world population and the depletion of land reserves combine to enhance demand. Also, increasing environmental constraints will limit the availability of traditional land-based resources; nevertheless, new offshore development must proceed in a manner whereby the marine environment is not plundered but protected and conserved. The challenge to develop ocean resources with responsible environmental stewardship will require greater leadership than the development of the technologies of exploitation.

Authors: David A. Under federal law, if you knowingly misrepresent that online material is infringing, you may be subject to criminal prosecution for perjury and civil penalties, including monetary damages, court costs, and attorneys’ fees.

Ocean Management, 8 (1982) 81-93 Elsevier Scientific Publishing Company, Amsterdam - Printed in The Netherlands. Springer Verlag, Berlin, 1979, 320 p. DM39. This is a wide ranging book which, according to the author, attempts "to shed some light on how we now use the ocean, what are its opportunities, and what we can do in the future.